Monday, March 9, 2009

The day that wasn't there

Tuesday 03 March - no weather

Today didn't exist! There was no morning, afternoon or evening to occupy or descibe. I could make a case that by altering my watch on take-off to New Zealand time, some 21 hours ahead of Pacific Time in the USA, the 3rd of March lasted from 1630 to midnight. On the other hand, by not attempting to time-travel, if I had left my watch set on LA time, I could have experienced the 3rd of March from midnight to about 0530 at which stage it would have suddenly become 0230 on 04 March. It all makes perfect sense, really!

Crossing the International Date Line from East to West is one way of moving your life on quickly by about 24 hours. Strictly speaking, as we crossed the line, it was 0130 03 March on the eastern side of the line and 0230 04 March on the western side. Weird! Remind me to travel West to East one day and get the day back and don't ask me to explain that.

No comments:

Post a Comment