Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Bus Pass

Great News!  I'm not actually old enough for a bus pass after all.  I'm not sure if I should be pleased about this news or somewhat miffed.

After a rather cold and windy walk round Brayford Pool to City Hall this afternoon, I was rather surprised to be ushered straight in to see a consultant in Customer Services.  I handed over my completed bus pass application form, my passport to prove my age and a Council Tax bill to prove my address.   I thought it was all too easy!

It seems that since April 2011, the age you need to be to get a bus pass has increased in line with decision to change the starting age for womens pensions, quite how the two are linked, I'm not sure.  Seems that I have to wait until I am 61 years 7 months and 8 days old before I qualify.

Methinks its time to get my bicycle serviced.......




No comments:

Post a Comment